jueves, 11 de octubre de 2012

SEE, LOOK AND WATCH: otros significados disitntos a "ver" / "mirar"


When you look at these verbs closely, you will realise that they may mean something more than using your eyes. Below, you'l find some examples to watch out for. Hopefully they will help you to see the point. 

 See 1. understand. I see what you mean.
2. imagine. I don't see that you can.
3. find out. I'll see what time it starts.
4. meet. I saw my friend at the weekend.
5. date. We have been seeing each other for six months.
6. attend as a viewer. Let's see a movie tonight!
7. make sure. See that you finish by 5. 

 Look 1. appear or seem. He looks happy.
2. face. The house looks over the city.
3. pay attention. Look, I think there is a better way. 
 Watch 1. guard. Watch the prisoner!
2. keep up on. I have been watching the exchange rate.
3. attend as a spectator. I will watch the game on Saturday.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario